Below is the Top 20 list of podcasts, with a short extract of each, pulled from the podcast's own page. Key Point: The ordering of the list is extremely subjective. In time we'd like to formalise a rating method.
Last Review Date: 2020-02-29
1. The Changelog (https://changelog.com/podcast)
- Conversations with the hackers, leaders, and innovators of software development.
- Expect in-depth interviews with the best and brightest in software engineering, open source, and leadership. This is a polyglot podcast. All programming languages, platforms, and communities are welcome. Open source moves fast. Keep up.
2. Rework (https://rework.fm/)
- A podcast about a better way to work and run your business. We bring you stories and unconventional wisdom from Basecamp’s co-founders and other business owners.
3. Linux Unplugged (https://linuxunplugged.com/)
- An open show powered by community LINUX Unplugged takes the best attributes of open collaboration and turns it into a weekly show about Linux.
4. Software Engineering Daily (https://softwareengineeringdaily.com/)
- Technical interviews about software topics.
5. Full Stack Radio (http://www.fullstackradio.com/)
- A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.
6. FreeCodeCamp Podcast (https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/tag/podcast/)
- FreeCodeCamp.org is a community of millions of people who learn to code together. Thousands of us have gotten developer jobs after freeCodeCamp. On our community's weekly podcast, we share stories of people who have learned to code and built exciting projects. We also share lots of advice on getting a developer job and building projects of your own.
7. JS Party (https://changelog.com/jsparty)
8. CodeNewbie (https://www.codenewbie.org/podcast)
- Stories and interviews from people on their coding journey.
9. Self Hosted (https://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/show/self-hosted/)
- Discover new software and hardware to get the best out of your network, control smart devices, and secure your data on cloud services. Self-Hosted is a chat show between Chris and Alex two long-time "self-hosters" who share their lessons and take you on the journey of their new ones. A podcast showcasing free and open source technologies you can host yourself.
10. IndieHackers Podcast (https://www.indiehackers.com/podcast)
- Explore the stories, challenges, and tactics behind the indie hackers who are escaping the 9-to-5 grind and building their own revenue-generating machines.
11. Recode Decode (https://www.vox.com/recode-podcasts)
- Kara Swisher, Silicon Valley’s most revered journalist, hosts candid interviews with tech execs, politicians, celebrities and more about their big ideas and how they’re changing our world. Produced by Recode and the Vox Media Podcast Network.
12. Developer Tea (https://developertea.com/)
- Developer Tea exists to help driven developers connect to their ultimate purpose and excel at their work so that they can positively impact the people they influence.
13. Mastering Business Analysis (https://masteringbusinessanalysis.com/category/podcast/)
- The Mastering Business Analysis podcast is a program with the goal of elevating the role of the Business Analyst and other project professionals by enhancing the skills of those performing analysis activities. Episodes include interviews with leaders in the business analysis and Agile communities, helpful techniques, and effective practices. Together we will explore business analysis and I'll share information you need to achieve mastery in your role and advance in your career.
14. Practical AI (https://changelog.com/practicalai)
- Making artificial intelligence practical, productive, and accessible to everyone. Practical AI is a show in which technology professionals, business people, students, enthusiasts, and expert guests engage in lively discussions about Artificial Intelligence and related topics (Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, etc). The focus is on productive implementations and real-world scenarios that are accessible to everyone. If you want to keep up with the latest advances in AI, while keeping one foot in the real world, then this is the show for you!
15. BrainScience (https://changelog.com/brainscience)
- For the curious! We’re exploring the inner-workings of the human brain to understand behavior change, habit formation, mental health, and being human. It’s Brain Science applied — not just how does the brain work, but how do we apply what we know about the brain to transform our lives?
16. The Bike Shed (https://www.bikeshed.fm/)
17. A Bootiful Podcast (https://soundcloud.com/a-bootiful-podcast)
- A celebration of the real heroes that drive ecosystems.
18. Coding Blocks (https://www.codingblocks.net/category/podcast/)
- Pragmatic talk about software design best practices: design patterns, software architecture, coding for performance, object oriented programming, database design and implementation, tips, tricks and a whole lot more.
19. BaseCS (https://www.codenewbie.org/basecs)
- Beginner-friendly computer science lessons based on Vaidehi Joshi's base.cs blog series, produced by CodeNewbie.
20. No Plans to Merge (https://noplanstomerge.simplecast.com/)
- Real life code talk between two working developers.